The "North America Contract Logistics Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The market for contract logistics in North America is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of approx 1.23% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
The slowdown in international trade, restriction due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and drop in the output of industries like manufacturing and automotive have led to the sharp decline in the contract logistics market in North America.
Many business organizations prefer not to allocate in-house human resources and divisions to warehousing and transportation. As a result warehousing services are outsourced to logistics players.
There is a sharp rise in recent years in warehouse leasing from logistics players across the region. The increasing service levels, such as e-commerce and same-day delivery, are influencing retailers to further outsource their services.
As the United States reopened after a strict shutdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the logistics industry s showing signs of recovery, according to the June 2020 Logistics Manager's Index Report. The logistics industry is continuing to recover from April's all-time low overall score of 51.3, following May's reading of 54.5, with an overall LMI score of 61.7, the highest reading since February 2019.
In relation to the cross-border movement of people and cargo vehicles between Mexico and the United States, it can be mentioned that the border between Mexico and the United States is one of the busiest in the world. Cargo trucks represent 7.9% of the total number of motorized vehicles that cross the northern border, with a monthly figure that fluctuates around 550,000 units, where almost 72% travel loaded and the remaining 28% circulate empty.
DHL, Ryder, and XPO are the some of the major contract logistics players in the North American market.
The contract logistics market in North America is fragmented with large number of players operating in the market and providing services at various levels. DHL, XPO Logistics, UPS, FedEx, DB Schenker, Ryder Systems are some of the prominent players in the market. The companies are following the trends of consolidation and expansion to gain foothold in the market. For instance, In 2018, DB Schenker opened three new contract logistics facilities in US to accommodate both existing and new customers and moved one existing location to a much larger facility. The company expects to open another six or seven contract logistics facilities by 2020.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.1 Analysis Methodology
2.2 Research Phases
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS AND INSIGHTS
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Market Dynamics
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4 Value Chain / Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Government Regulations and Initiatives
4.6 Technological Trends
4.7 Insights on E-Commerce Industry in the Region (Domestic and Cross-Border)
4.8 Insights on Contract Logistics in the Context of After-Sales/Reverse Logistics
4.9 Brief on different services provided by Contract logistics players (Integrated warehousing & transportation, supply chain services, and other value-added services)
4.10 Spotlight - Freight Transportation Costs/Freight Rates
4.11 Effect of shift from NAFTA to USMCA on Transport and Logistics Industry
4.12 Impact of COVID-19 on the Contract Logistics Market
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.2 By End User
5.2.1 Manufacturing & Automotive
5.2.2 Consumer Goods & Retail
5.2.4 Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
5.2.5 Other End Users
5.3 By Country
5.3.1 United States
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Overview (Market Concentration, Major Players)
6.2 Company Profiles (including Mergers, Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements)
6.2.1 Deutsche Post DHL Group (DHL Supply Chain)
6.2.2 United Parcel Service Inc. (UPS Supply Chain Solutions)
6.2.3 FedEx Corporation (FedEx Supply Chain)
6.2.4 Kuehne + Nagel International AG
6.2.5 XPO Logistics Inc.
6.2.6 Ryder System Inc.
6.2.7 J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc.
6.2.8 Schenker AG (DB Schenker)
6.2.9 CEVA Logistics
6.2.10 SNCF Logistics/Geodis
6.2.11 Penske Logistics Inc.
6.2.12 Hellmann Worldwide Logistics GmbH & Co. KG
6.2.14 Schnedier National
6.3 Other companies (Key Information/Overview)
6.3.1 Neovia Logistics Services LLC, TIBA, Yusen Logistics Co. Ltd., PiVAL International, SCI
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/t6ofo5
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200908005568/en/
SOURCE: Research and Markets
ResearchAndMarkets.com Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager firstname.lastname@example.org For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900